Can you handle a sleep retreat?
A sleep retreat is a holiday where you just shut off from your routines and catch up on a lot of sleep. Sleep debt can affect overall health and productivity. If you are dozing off at the dinner table, you may need a sleep retreat. Why not sleep at home? Being away means you're away from your regular distractions and all you are left to do is relax and sleep!
Choosing a Sleep Retreat
Very few hotels take a proper night’s sleep into consideration. Flat screen TVs and minibars filled with snacks act as distractions to your sleep.
A study at Brown University found that most people sleep worse when they're on vacation, than at home.
Due to this, hotels and spas have started involving sleep specialists and doctors in their planning and offer sleep packages. Some of the treatments even encourage sleep and complete relaxation. The ultimate goal of a sleep retreat, is to get the best sleep of your life.
Luxury Hotels with Sleep Packages
- Swissôtel Berlin offers the DeepSleep Package which is valued at around £160 - swissotel.com.
- Six Senses Douro Valley in Portugal which offers a special sleep program valued at £75 - sixsenses.com.
- Canyon Ranch in Arizona. Its spa has a pillow menu to sleep on buckwheat or down valued at £2,200 - www.canyonranch.com
- The Corinthia Hotel London. This is a Sleep Retreat whose charges go up to £1,000 - corinthia.com.
- The Alpina Gstaad in Switzerland. This hotel is yoga-based approach and charges up to £1,600 for their packages - thealpinagstaad.ch
- The Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru in the Maldives has a three hour long Om Supti Ritual. These packages are valued from £570 - fourseasons.com
- Glencraft Luxury